Scalable Training Solution: Executive Training and Coaching for Large Organizations
Coach2Lead is built to be easily delivered and supported in-house. When developing coaching champions, trainers and facilitators, performance coaching is a skill that is both easily learned and taught.
Everything you need to facilitate the program is provided.
Executive Coaching is the #1 Leadership Skill. Use your current executive leaders to bring executive coaching to your organization.
You don’t need a cadre of people with advanced coaching certifications to cultivate a culture of coaching across your organization.
We provide all the tools necessary for anyone who wants to teach performance coaching to train managers in the skill of performance coaching. In-house Coach2Lead facilitators can be recruited from the following ranks:
- Coach champions- business leaders who have learned the skill of performance coaching and who are called to develop those skills in their peers and throughout their organization
- HR and training professionals who lead other corporate trainings
Recruit coach champions from among the first executive leaders trained.
Some of the best ambassadors for performance coaching as a leadership skill are recruited from the initial first cohort of executive leaders who adopt coaching as a primary leadership skill.
Many experienced executive leaders tell us that coaching is the most important leadership skill they have ever learned. They have experienced firsthand the benefits of becoming a people developer first and a problem solver second.
Coach2Lead is best rolled out at the top level of the organization, by the top executive leaders across the organization.
Top level executives and initial adopters of performance coaching have the experience and credibility to advocate for this new way of leading.
Executive coach champions from the leader ranks tell us that training others to coach is one of the more rewarding ways to add value to their roles.
Because they have already been through the program themselves, and because Coach2Lead provides turn-key facilitation materials, there is minimal time investment required to train others.
Equip your training and/or HR staff to lead the programs.
If you have dedicated staff whose role it is to provide leadership skills, we have program designed to learn performance coaching while also learning how to facilitate the program for others. With this approach, your entire staff of training professionals can come up to speed in just twelve short weeks. The program includes complete immersion in Coach2Lead student materials and everything you need to facilitate the program for others once you have completed the training.
Train-the-Trainer Program Outline:
|Week 1||Coach2Lead Facilitators Kick-off|
|Week 2||Review modules Intro & 1, buddy meeting|
|Week 3||Review module 2 & buddy practice|
|Week 4||Review module 3 & buddy practice|
|Week 5||Master Facilitator Q&A, Supervised Practice, and Facilitation tips|
|Week 6||Review module 4 & buddy practice|
|Week 7||Review module 5 & buddy practice|
|Week 8||Master Facilitator Q&A, Supervised Practice, and Facilitation tips|
|Week 9||Review module 6 & buddy practice|
|Week 10||Review module 7 & buddy practice|
|Week 11||Master Facilitator Q&A, Supervised Practice, and Facilitation tips|
|Week 12||Program Graduation & Celebration|
Complete, Turn-Key Blended Learning Program
Whichever approach you choose, your Coach2Lead in-house facilitation team will have access to all of the following:
- Seven interactive learning modules teach the content essential to learning the skill of performance coaching.
- Module 1: The Business & Scientific Case for Coaching
- Module 2: Core Skill: Artful Questioning
- Module 3: Core Skill: Artful Listening
- Module 4: Coaching Conversations: Developing People
- Module 5: Coaching Follow-Up: Creating Habits
- Module 6: Career Coaching: Retaining the Best People
- Module 7: Developing Your Authentic Coaching Style
- Comprehensive coaching field guides with each module includes interactive coaching diary to document learning and insights.
- Peer-to-Peer coaching-buddy practice sessions help leaders clear the “coaching discomfort hurdle”, making performance coaching a natural part of their leadership style.
- On-the-Job practice assignments encourage applying new skills produces immediate, real-world results.
- Role play demonstrations model effective performance coaching conversations.
- Additional resource links for each module deepen knowledge and encourage life-long development of coaching and listening skills.
- Three master facilitator sessions- with opportunities for Q&A, Supervised Practice and Facilitation best practices & tips.
- 17 facilitation support videos:
- What is Performance Coaching? (and what is it not)
- Why & How Performance Coaching Transforms Leaders & Cultures
- Gaining buy-in: Promoting the value of Coach2Lead and a culture of coaching
- Making the Most of Coaching Buddies
- Facilitating in a virtual environment
- Facilitating with recorded modules (flipped classroom)
- Facilitating live using the PowerPoint presentations
- Leveraging blended learning and flipped classroom
- Program logistics communications & scheduling
- Facilitating a program kick-off and Module #1
- Facilitating Module #2
- Facilitating Module #3
- Facilitating Module #4
- Facilitating Module #5
- Facilitating Module #6
- Facilitating a program completion and Module #7
- How to use the role play videos
No matter which in-house approach you employ, Coach2Lead Train-the-Trainer delivers these outcomes:
- Facilitators can successfully teach how to apply the performance coach approach to everyday work issues.
- Facilitators can successfully teach the differences between coaching and other leadership styles, and make satisfactory judgments about when and how to apply the coach approach.
- Facilitators can successfully teach how to apply the coach approach in career development/performance conversations to decrease turnover and improve retention.